Silo AI Oy referred as “Silo.AI”, “we”, “us” and “our” in the text is committed to ensure that your privacy is protected. This policy explains the privacy practices for Silo.AI Recruitment Processes.
This policy concerns you when you send a job application to us or if we collect your personal information from another source (e.g. by a recommendation or from a public database) for recruitment purposes.
This policy notifies you of;
- what personal information is being collected,
- how it is collected,
- why it is collected,
- with whom it is shared,
- the purposes and the legal basis of our processing,
- erasure of your information when you unsubscribe or ask to be forgotten,
- your rights on your information,
- how to practise your rights and address your concerns over misuse of your information,
- data security measures we have taken.
1. Who is Silo.AI?
Silo.AI is the largest AI solution and service provider in the Nordics that offers scalable expertise in machine learning, computer vision and natural language processing. Silo.AI strongly believes in the future of human-centered AI solutions to provide strategic assets to the core business of its customers in a measurable, safe and explainable way.
2. What data do we collect?
When you send us an application, we collect your
- Your name and contact information
- Your professional interests, skills and education
- Where you would like to work at
- Cover letter, CV and other information that you personally wish to share with us
What is the legal basis?
It is necessary for us to process your information in order to take steps prior to entering into a job contract with you regarding the data collection practices explained above.
2.1. Professional information received from other sources
We may receive your professional information (such as your CV) from another natural person who is recommending you to us. We may also obtain information about you from third party sources, such as public databases or business and employment platforms.
What is the legal basis?
In order to find the most knowledgeable talent for the open positions in our organisation, we also search through our networks. It is our legitimate interest to collect and process data for this purpose. We believe that this is also for your interest, in case it is not, you can object to or easily opt-out from our processing. Please check Section 6 to learn about your rights on your data.
3. Do we share your information with any third party?
We only share your information with storage service providers and project management applications which are the following:
All these service providers listed above just process the data on our behalf, so they have the role to be the data processor of your data.
4. Data security and access control
We have put in place systems to safeguard the information you provide us. We always use encrypted connections and everyone in our company has encrypted their computer’s hard drive in case of a burglary.
We will never provide access to our databases to any third party, except to the extent necessary to conduct the operations of recruitment explained in Section 3. We will not sell or rent any of your information to anyone.
In our organisation, we restrict access to all personal information and have defined access management processes. Your data can only be accessed by the Silo.AI employees when it is necessary for them to perform their work related to your data. Moreover, when you want to practice your rights, our Data Protection Officer will access your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted.
5. Erasure of your information
We will by default, store your information for 3 years from the date you from the date of last contact with you. You have the right to object to this and opt-out from this practice.
5.1. When you ask to be forgotten
When you ask to be forgotten meaning that you ask the complete erasure of your information, we will erase the information without undue delay, including all backups, local and physical copies.
6. Your right on your information
As the owner of your own personal information, you have the following rights regarding the processing we do:
- You have the right to see what data we have about you, if any.
- You have the right to receive the data we have about you and to transmit it to another
- You have the right to change/correct the data we have about you.
- You have the right to be forgotten, meaning that you can ask complete erasure of your data.
- You have the right to express any concern you have about our use of your data.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your data. This right only applies to the data processing explained in Section 2.1 and Section 5.1.
Please contact our Data Protection Officer to practise your rights. The contact information can be found on “Contact us”, Section 8.
8. Contact us
Data Protection Officer
Lapinlahdenkatu 1 C, 6th floor
00180 Helsinki, Finland
9. How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Data Protection Ombudsman, whom supervises compliance with regulations governing personal data.
Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman
tel. +358 29 566 6777